Developer and Onsite Technician
We require a rare blend of confidence and maturity, software development skills, interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for travel, and willingness to assume personal responsibility. QRS (part of the LiveBuzz Group) provide the Visitor Management and Registration for Conferences and Exhibitions across the Globe. For these events we rely on Onsite Technicians to set up registration and badging systems. Sometimes this technician is part of a wider QRS/LiveBuzz team on-site, sometimes they are on their own. As well as setting up systems they will be liaising with the Event Organisers (our clients) dealing with requests and managing those relationships. The candidate will also be a Software Developer with enormous potential to develop those skill sets further. they create registration forms and systems, deal with queries and assist with product development.
The Group is based in Martley and Coventry.
- Pro active
- Excellent people skills
- Confident in emailing and managing customer expectations
- Comfortable supervising and managing temporary staff from time to time
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and prepared to stay away for shows typically, but not strictly, 3 days duration
- Full clean license, your own car and the ability to use it for business and willing to drive a transit van
- Set up and testing of web based registration pages
- Building onsite equipment and maintenance throughout event
- Handling internal and external customer queries and managing expectations
- Experience using modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JQuery etc)
- Junior to mid-level experience of PHP or other programming languages.
Experience in any of the following would be beneficial but not essential:
- MVC Frameworks
- Bootstrap (or other CSS frameworks)
- Vue.js (or other similar JS frameworks)
- API's (Particularly REST API's)
- Basic networking